LEED / GREEN BUILDING CONSULTING SERVICES
At Carlyle we assist our clients in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) assessment, implementation and certification of their project.
LEED Green Building Rating System™ encourages and accelerates the worldwide use of sustainable green building and development practices through outlining and implementation of specific tools and performance criteria. These criterions can be met on new construction or existing buildings to meet the LEED green energy standards.
LEED allows building owners and operators to have an immediate and measurable impact on not only their buildings’ performance but also the environment as well, ultimately saving money in the process.
LEED does not just mean installing green energy products, but rather approaches the design in five key areas of human and environmental health: sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality.
Carlyle offers green building consulting services that cover every stage of the sustainable design and construction process including:
Leed project administration
- Green building charrette and project strategy sessions to meet minimum
- Provide budgeting and assist client in establishing LEED certification goals
- Create project specific certification roadmap
- Research and identify available tax credits and abatements
- Align owner’s project requirements with Certification goals.
- Assess feasibility of meeting all
- Assist design team to produce BOD
- Interim design progress review at CD, SD, DD and CDs prior to release for construction
- Mid point construction document review for Enhanced Commissioning option– if applicable
- Assist design team in Design Review stage submittals
- Provide comparative cost analysis of materials and systems
- Provide life cycle cost analysis for major systems and recommend and analyze energy efficiency measures
- Provide constructability review and feedback
- Assist in green specification writing
- Organize and compile LEED documentation for certification
- Provide pre-bid conferences and contractor training
- Assist CM in out reach program to identify, qualify & solicit Green contractors
- Contractor submittal review for Enhanced Commissioning
- Review Construction stage submittals
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies for achieving construction stage points e.g. on IAQ – Construction
- Prepare, submit and followup with CRIs (Credit Request Info.)
- Perform post-occupancy project audits
- Assist owner in training of operational personnel
- Assist the owner in organizing maintenance manuals